Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Cell Phones



Admittedly, I don’t use a cell phone. I used to, but gave it up when I realized that it did not simplify my life, it simply took up more time. I know, I know, my behavior is archaic and I do find myself reconsidering. Then I think it’s just another gizmo that will pollute the planet. However, three cell phones did catch my eye because they are, relatively, eco-friendly.


The Samsung Reclaim (Sprint) has a casing made from a corn-based bioplastic which is 100% biodegradable. Plus $2 from every purchase goes to the Nature Conservancy.

The Motorola Renew (T-Mobile) is the first mobile device made of recycled water bottles and comes with a postage-paid envelope so you can recycle your old phone
 
The Nokia (Amazon.com) is a BlackBerry-esque smart phone. 80% recyclable and free of some cell-phone toxins like PVCs and chlorinated compounds.


When I’m in the market for a new cell phone those three will start my comparison these three.

No comments: