Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Butterfly Dreams Gemstone Necklace from World Peace Jewelry

Butterfly Dreams Necklace
World Peace Jewelry
I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.  Chuang Tzu

If you like things that are bright and shiney new, this necklace is not for you. This is a vintage pendant. Hand painted porcelain butterfly is absolutely gorgeous. However, it is truly vintage, therefore it is not perfect. The details are exquisite. Butterflies symbolize transformation and metamorphosis.


I've hand wire wrapped wonderful natural blood red Carnelian with gold jewelers wire to form the chain. To accent the butterfly pendant, I've clustered a generous mix of gems that pick up the rich colors of the butterfly, including peridot, carnelian, citrine, blue lace agate.. A perfect piece of jewelry for any butterfly lover.
 Note: I love vintage things and often incorporate them into my work. This butterfly pendant is one of a very few that I've been hoarding for years. I purchased them, along with some others, many years ago and have never seen anything like them since. When they're gone, they're gone.

Handmade jewelry makes a thoughtful, spirit - filled gift.  Browse World Peace Jewelry for more magical symbol jewelry.

No comments: