Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Symbolism of the Butterfly


The butterfly is a powerful symbol for transformation. Often used to represent change, hope and joy. The Chinese believed a jade butterfly suggested a wedding of souls, making it an appropriate gift for the groom to give to his bride. Butterflies symbolize transformation and metamorphosis and are a favorite symbol theme at World Peace Jewelry..
Shown above is our Butterfly Dreams Necklace featuring an exquisite vintage hand painted porcelain butterfly pendant. Absolutely gorgeous. The details are exquisite. I've hand wire wrapped wonderful natural blood red Carnelian with gold jewelers wire to form the chain. To accent the butterfly pendant, I've clustered a generous mix of gems that pick up the rich colors of the butterfly, including peridot, carnelian, citrine, blue lace agate.
The quotation that inspired this beautiful butterfly jewelry piece is from Chuang Tzu: I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.

No comments: