Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crayola Bomb Peace Jewelry


Quite some time ago I read a quotation about peace that so captured my imagination that I designed a line of my jewelry around it. My Crayola bomb peace jewelry rarely stays in stock for long. I think it's because so many others share my delight in the intention behind it. My Crayola bomb peace necklaces, bracelets, and (soon) earrings all incorporate a wild and playful combination of colored beads including crystals, Czech glass, vintage India glass, and often gemstones that symbolize peace. Necklace pendants, bracelet and earring charms are all traditional peace sign symbols in gold, silver, copper or brass.

Here's the Robert Fulghum quotation that inspired this series of bracelets and necklaces:

Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination. Robert Fulghum

Shown above is Crayola Bomb Peace Necklace 4 with gemstones and sterling silver. available at World Peace Jewelry.

No comments: